Minutes of the meeting of Lillings Ambo Parish Council held at
‘The Lodge’, West Lilling. On Wednesday 3rd August 2016 at 6 pm.
Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 5th May 2016, Minutes previously
distributed, discussed approved & signed by the Chairman.
1. Highways Meeting. The Council has still not received information from
Councillor Eric Hope on a joint meeting with the Highways department.
2. Potholes. The Council are still very concerned re the condition of the roads in and
around the village. The Chairman reported back to the council re his conversation with
County Councillor Clare Wood on this subject. The Chairman will write to Richard
Marr at the Highways Department re the state of ‘Goose Track Lane and Lilling Back
3. The Clerk contacted Ryedale District Council Planning Department re follow up
checks on properties with resident restrictions. The Clerk was informed that the
department does not have the resources to follow and check conditions unless they
receive evidence that the conditions are not followed.
The Council were updated on condition 14 activity on the land adjacent Rose Cottage.
4. Fingerpost painting. An excellent job has been done by Duo Designs . The Council
thanked Councillor Wreglesworth for organising this work. The Clerk will contact
Sheriff Hutton Parish Clerk to confirm the position of the Parish boundary in relation
to the fingerpost near the Coach Road.
Lloyds (main) Account. £1286-80
Clerk’s expenses agreed £7-56
2 cheques signed for
Neighbourhood Watch Grant. £25-00
Duo Designs (fingerpost) £124-00
Charity (PO) Account. £765-08.
Mr Colin Johnson has completed the Internal Audit for the Parish. A notice has
been placed on the village notice-board regarding the details for the ’Right to View’ the
accounts. This display period is now complete. The accounts have been sent to the
external auditors (PKF Littlejohn LLP)
The Chairman will thank Mr Colin Johnson for completing the Internal Audit for the
1. 16/01118/FUL J and J Properties. Retrospective. Two gas tanks to serve 3 dwellings
in Barn Terrace and Yew Tree House. Previously discussed. Parish Council no
2. 16/01119/FUL J and J Properties. Retrospective. Formation of visitor car parking to
serve 3 dwellings in Barn Terrace and Yew Tree Cottage. Previously discussed.
Parish Council no objection.
Previously Distributed. Discussed and signed by the Chairman.
Any Other Business.
1. The clearing of the footpath heading towards Sheriff Hutton was raised again.
Councillor Wreglesworth will contact Duo Designs re a quote for this.
2. The Clerk will put a note in the Sheriff Hutton News re overhanging trees and shrubs
in the village.
The date of the next meeting was agreed for Tuesday 8th November 2016.
at ‘The Lodge,’ West Lilling,