Minutes of the meeting of Lillings Ambo Parish Council held at
‘The Lodge’, West Lilling. on Thursday 10th August 2017 at 6 pm.
Present. J.L.C.Pratt. Chairman.
C. Goodrick County Councillor.
Apologies. R.T.Magee Councillor.
County Councillor Caroline Goodrick.
Councillor Goodrick was welcomed to the meeting. She then gave the Parish Councillors a briefing on her work at North Yorkshire County Council and Ryedale District Council. The Chairman explained the Parish Councils concerns regarding the following :-
b. The state of the roads around the village.
Minutes of the meetings held on Tuesday 2nd May 2017 and Friday 7th July 2017.
Minutes previously distributed, discussed approved & signed by the Chairman.
Lloyds (main) Account. £1205-19
Clerk’s expenses agreed £7-48
Neighbourhood Watch Grant. £25-00
Charity (PO) Account. £769-68.
Mr Colin Johnson has completed the Internal Audit for the Parish. A notice has been placed on the village notice-board regarding the details for the ‘Right to View’ the accounts. This display period is now complete. The accounts have been sent to the external auditors (PKF Littlejohn LLP). The Chairman will thank Mr Colin Johnson for completing the Internal Audit for the Parish.
1. 17/00763/LBC. Mr and Mrs Crawford. East Lilling Grange. Erection of single
storey extension with glazed lantern to the north-east corner of the building. The
Parish Council had no objection.
2. 17/00672/FUL. Mr J Hollowood. Toft Farm. Erection of extension and part
conversion of existing garage / outbuilding to form a self-contained carer /
housekeeper residential accommodation. This application was previously discussed at
the extra meeting on Friday 7th July. Concerns sent to Ryedale Planning Dept.
3. 17/00836/HOUSE Mr J. Hollowood. Toft Farm. Erection of 2 orangery extensions to
rear gables of dwelling. The Clerk declared an interest in this application as the owner
of an adjoining property. Parish Council no objection.
Any Other Business.
1. Ryedale Area Committee. Election to Fill Vacancies for Co-opted Members. The
Councillors discussed the candidates and it was decided that ‘Philip John
2. Mineral and Waste Plan. This was discussed and it was decided not to complete the
3. Speed Checks in Flaxton. Councillor Magee had privately investigated the speed
checks in Flaxton. The Council were informed of the frequency and time spent in
Flaxton by the police in June and July. County Councillor Goodrick would follow this
up for the Council. No checks had been carried out in West Lilling during this period.
4. The Parish Financial Reserve. The clerk had been contacted by the external auditors
as the Parish Council reserve is more than twice its annual precept. The Clerk now
has to provide specific details and figures as to how the reserves are allocated. The
Clerk will contact the YLCA to ascertain if there is a ‘Statute In Law’ specifying
councils cannot hold reserves of more than twice its annual precept.
5. Councillor Wreglesworth will contact Mr Binnersley to obtain a quote to refurbish /
replace the village notice-board.
6. District Councillor Eric Hope will be invited to the next meeting.
The date of the next meeting was agreed for Thursday 9th November 2017.
at ‘The Lodge,’ West Lilling, 6pm.